With all the swarming weight loss sites over the internet, the need for true and effective best weight loss program and information has become a search endeavor. How can you determine the best weight loss program suitable for you? Is there any gauge, measure, or standard for it?
Many individuals find weight loss a chronic endeavor. For some, the shedding of pounds may seem lasting but it is just a temporary event. They do not know until they once again stand on the scale and found that they have regained the lost weight – worse, the weight regained is greater than the weight lost. On the other hand, several popular diets are found ineffective because they lack the lasting factors of what the best weight loss program truly is. weight loss doctor nj
Thus, what do we need to find in a weight loss program? Here are the effective factors and strategies to consider:
- Exercise. Exercise is a cliche in the fitness industry. No matter how cliched the word is but this still remains one of the genuine factors for weight loss. Recent studies have shown that it is advisable to exercise 30 minutes for 5 days in a week. Alternatively, another study has shown that 10 minutes of exercise three times a day is also effective. Thus, there is no reason for individuals to give the “no time for exercise” excuse. Always find time and discipline to exercise 4 to 5 days a week and increase your exercise intensity level every two weeks.
- Train with Weights or Do Some Weight Training. Weight training helps you shed off some body fats better. Muscles burn fats. On the other hand, cardiovascular exercises are still effective for weight loss since it burns calories but muscles gained from weight training gives you the maintenance for a healthier and leaner look. It is advisable that at the minimum, you increase your weights 5% every two weeks from its current weight. For example, if you are lifting 30 kilogram weights then you must, at the minimum, lift 31.5 kilogram weights after two weeks.
- Keep a record. Keep a document of your food intakes and the things that hinders you to your weight loss. This record is effective in tracking your food intake, activity, and lifestyle. In this way, you will have a better plan and idea on how to approach your weight loss goal better. However, do not be too overly conscious in taking a record. It is not good to overdo the recording responsibility or else you will lose fun in your life. Just keep some information in your long term memory and transfer them later in your log book or journal.
- Stop overeating. Know the reasons and factors behind why you overeat so that you can control and ultimately stop overeating. If the primary reasons are stress and pressure, then find ways to channel your energy better. Most overeating problems are due to stress and pressure at work or family life. Learn to know the cause of your overeating and ask for psychological help if necessary.
- Join a support group. Create or join a weight loss support group for you. In this way, you have people to back you up and keep you motivated for your weight loss goal. These are the people that will kick your ass when necessary to keep you in your weight loss goal. Your support group must be heterogeneous in nature. This means that you must compose your support group coming from your close friends, immediate family members, office mates, and other pivotal people in your life. In this case, there is always a person who can monitor you wherever environment you are.
- Learn from the meals. Meals in fast food chains and restaurants are not normal anymore. Some, if not most, are already supersized. If you have observed the meals in all these fast food chains, hamburgers, fries, sodas, and many more are all supersized. Thus, always watch your diet. This is already a good time to apply tip # 3: keep a record. Always have a track on what you eat so that you will know what you must learn and what you must do.